Webinar recording: COVID-19 and the healthy ageing challengeBackResources
8th October 2020
Part of the Aspect Annual Event 2020 webinar series, this session – COVID-19 and the healthy ageing challenge, which took place on the 7th October – focused on the UK Industrial Strategy Theme of Healthy Ageing, an issue that is particularly important in the context of COVID-19. This included lessons from Digital Access, the UKRI Healthy Ageing network and University of Sussex Healthy Ageing Challenge.
You can find the full recording of the webinar, and other resources from the session, below.
- Dr Tim Pascoe (Chair) – Director, CICUK and Director, DICE Consortium
- Dr Rotem Perach – Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Sussex
- Sodi Kakouris – E-Learning Development Officer, Help The Ageing, The Highlands Third Sector Partnership
- Dr Emma Derbyshire – Immunonutritionist, Nutritional Insight
- Dr Ben Hicks – Research Fellow, Centre for Dementia Studies
Journal article: COVID-19: is there a role for immunonutrition, particularly in the over 65s? | Emma Derbyshire & Joanne Delange | BMJ Nutrition, Prevention & Health (Open access)
Session summary infographic
Explore more Resources View all
Video featuring insightful facts about the annual Festival of Social Sciences.
Explore the ZINC Venture Builder Programme for Entrepreneurs!
This ‘How-To’ Guide outlines the Remote Ethnography method used by Dr Alison Briggs from the University of Manchester. The animated GIF was created in collaboration with Caroline Boyd of Boy Oh Boy! Designs
This ‘How-To’ Guide outlines the Collage method used by Dr Amy Barron from the University of Manchester. The artwork was created in collaboration with Maddy Vian, Maddy Vian Illustration.