Aspect webinar: Building resilient communitiesBackResources
11th August 2020
Our webinar on the 5th August – a collaboration between Aspect members LSE and the University of Glasgow – explored the crucial role of social sciences in building resilient communities and businesses in the ‘new normal’.
In case you missed it, the recording is now available to view.
This session explored:
- How communities, academia, industry and policy makers can come together to innovate and ensure communities are not left behind – and how universities can help bridge the rural-urban divide to support this
- How research can help to build sustainable and resilient businesses, particularly in the current environment
- The practicalities for knowledge exchange professionals in achieving impact in these areas
Our panel of experts represented the academic community, knowledge exchange practitioners and industry:
- Professor Tony Travers – Professor in LSE’s School of Public Policy and in the Department of Government
- Professor Douglas Shand – Professor of Leadership and Enterprise at the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Glasgow
- Rachel Middlemass – Research Impact Manager at the LSE
- Peter Jaco – Chair of UK SMEs CyberOwl and Immense Simulations, and Co-Founder of the Scottish Tech Army
Explore more Resources View all
We at the ASPECT Games Hub are delighted to share the central output of Phase 3 of the Games Hub project: the Games Development and Commercialisation Pathway.
The Aspect-funded Train the Trainer project supports Professional Service staff tasked with communicating knowledge exchange, innovation and its impact for SHAPE researchers within their institutions, and has been created in collaboration by The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), University of Glasgow, QUT (Queensland University of Technology), University of York and University of Exeter.
Modular Knowledge-Exchange Training Course that gives insights into processes and requirements to developing business partnerships.
A summary of the project activities and KPIs