Marketing & Communications Manager – Aspect Programme
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week (1 FTE)
Contract: Fixed term, until 30th June 2021, with the potential for extension
Place of work: Formally Oxford, working remotely
Salary: -£50,000 per annum, as an experienced marketing manager with responsibility for the marketing and communications on the programme.
Aspect is a growing network of organisations working together to support innovation, entrepreneurship and research commercialisation in social sciences. Funded by the Research England Connecting Capability Fund, Aspect focuses on building good practice and capability.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for planning and delivering the programme’s core marketing activity, and supporting satellite marketing activity taking place across the programme. The appointed candidate will report directly to the Programme Leads at the London School of Economics and Social Sciences (process to be agreed), with Programme and line management support provided by the Aspect Programme Management Team at Oxentia.
Below are listed the key responsibilities of the role.
1. Execute the programme’s core marketing activity
- Deliver visible, high-impact campaigns (including content-led campaigns) that articulate the Aspect value proposition to audiences within and outside academia.
- Working with the Aspect Website manager, maintain the Aspect website, ensuring that new content is posted on a regular basis.
- Manage the production of Aspect case studies and support delivery of the Aspect toolkit.
- Co-ordinate Aspect’s relationships with key external partner organisations.
- Market and support the coordination of the Aspect annual event.
- Maintain and build Aspect’s social media presence and engagement.
2. Support project-led marketing activity across the programme
- Work closely with project leads to provide advice and support the marketing planning process.
- Support delivery of marketing activity and outputs as appropriate.
- Provide ad hoc marketing guidance to projects.
- Ensure activity taking place across the programme adheres to the Aspect brand.
3. Build strong collaborative relationships
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Aspect community.
- Proactively engage with Aspect members to maximise Aspect’s marketing opportunities.
- Provide devolved line management and guidance to the case study copywriter and others engaged to develop Aspect material.
- Liaise with external PR agencies as and when appropriate.
4. Manage self
- Maintain high levels of self-organisation, ensuring that deadlines are met in a controlled fashion.
- Work to deliver against the marketing strategy and proactively identify ways to improve it.
- Report on the performance of marketing activities to the Programme Management Team and other Aspect stakeholders.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference OxAspect.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 14th December 2020, with interviews to be conducted on the 21st or 22nd of December.
Benefits include private medical insurance, bonus and pension scheme.
Oxentia Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.