Aspect Marketing & Communications Manager
Aspect is a growing network of organisations working together to support innovation, entrepreneurship and research commercialisation in social sciences. Funded by the Research England Connecting Capability Fund, Aspect focuses on building good practice and capability. More information about Aspect can be found at: www.aspect.ac.uk.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the design, implementation and delivery of the Aspect content marketing strategy. The appointed candidate will report directly to the Programme Leads at the London School of Economics and Social Sciences, with line management support provided by the Programme Management Team based in Oxford.
Below are listed the key responsibilities of the role.
1. Implement the Aspect Digital Media & Marketing Communications Plan
- Deliver visible, high-impact campaigns that articulate the Aspect value proposition to audiences within and outside academia.
- Working with the Aspect Website manager, maintain the Aspect website, ensuring that new content is posted on a regular basis.
- Manage the production of Aspect toolkits, marketing print items, web and social media communications.
- Market and support the coordination of the Aspect annual event.
2. Build strong collaborative relationships
- Work with the Aspect Programme and Projects teams to identify content, audiences, and opportunities for campaigns.
- Proactively engage with Aspect members to maximise opportunities for content creation.
- Provide devolved line management and guidance to the Aspect Copywriter.
- Liaise with external PR agencies as and when appropriate.
3. Manage self
- Maintain high levels of self-organisation, ensuring that deadlines are met in a controlled fashion.
- Work to deliver against the Aspect Digital Media & Marketing Communications Plan and proactively identify ways to improve it.
- Report on the performance of marketing activities to the Programme Management Team and other Aspect stakeholders.
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week (or 0.75-1 FTE)
Contract: Fixed term, 14 months (Jan 2020 or ASAP – March 2021)
Place of work: The place of work is flexible and subject to agreement: the post holder can choose to be based at the London School of Economics in Holborn, London or at the Oxentia Ltd Office, Botley, Oxford. There is also the possibility offered of working remotely. At least one day/week to be spent in the corresponding office.
Salary: £35,000-£50,000 depending on experience.
How to apply
Email your CV and Cover Letter to Careers@oxentia.com
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 9th February 2020.