Design for Social Entrepreneurship
What is the project doing?
Through a combination of case studies and practice based design research, the project seeks to develop and deliver a design-driven training model to support the expansion of social entrepreneurial practices within RCA students and staff. After conducting a literature review, we have identified a set of dynamic capabilities and methodologies for social entrepreneurship that has informed the design of a survey that we will start circulating among practitioners.
During the rest of the year we will be designing a training programme to launched in March. Involvement can come through three routes: by completing a survey that will be launched in May 2022; by pointing us to successful case studies of social entrepreneurship; and by being part of a training pilot. The intention is to disseminate the training programme throughout the membership.
Why is this needed?
- Complete stakeholder survey distribution and analysis
- Complete stakeholder & expert interviews and analysis
- Design a course syllabus based on findings to train social entrepreneurs
- Complete a written report explaining the integrated social entrepreneurship skillset framework
How can members get involved?
- Active participation in responding to our survey and interview requests
- Help distribute survey to relevant stakeholders to boost response rate
- Using the training and resources produced by the project (in Q1 2023)
Nicolas Rebolledo, Tutor in Service Design, Head of Service Futures Lab, Royal College of Art
Resources coming soon.