KE Communications Community of Practice
Aspect is organised into cross-institutional, cross-disciplinary communities, designed to capture and share knowledge across five core areas of practice. The KE Communications Community of Practice (CoP) seeks to raise the profile of social sciences research commercialisation and support communication and network engagement.
To find out more, or to join the Communications CoP, please contact Paige McCaleb, Glasgow University firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is involved?
The Communications CoP is made up of volunteers drawn from the founding Aspect member institutions, who have some responsibility for leading on communication related to innovation and entrepreneurship within their organisation. Current CoP members’ roles, for example, include: Director of Communications, Marketing, Communications and Engagement Officers/ Managers, College or Departmental Communications Officer, Business Engagement Communications Managers, and Commercialisation Professionals with responsibility to liaise with internal marketing teams and communications teams.
What do we do?
The Communications CoP provides advisory support for Aspect members and other CoPs, and to ensure that communications from Aspect are shared within and across member institutions. We meet monthly and/or as needed to support these aims. CoP members are encouraged to contribute by:
- Providing advisory support related to the launch of Aspect, and ongoing communications initiatives
- Using existing channels to provide on-going Communications support around sharing what’s going on related to Aspect. This could include:
– Sharing news, promoting events, sharing case studies etc. with other members of the COP, and with relevant groups in your institution;
– Engaging your institutions’ networks to support engagement with Zinc; and
– Both internal and external communications.
- Incorporating Aspect-related activity/outputs into communications plans, where appropriate
This CoP is developing a Marketing Toolkit for social sciences – further details will be made available here: https://aspect.ac.uk/about/aspect-funded-projects/marketing-toolkit/
Although we believe the more we can share across (and within) member institutions, the better, there are no obligations for Communications CoP members to share content or cross-promote.
Identifying entrepreneurship opportunities and sharing knowledge and expertiseEntrepreneurship
Building a shared network of business partnerships and industry engagementBusiness Engagement
Raising the profile of social sciences research commercialisation and supporting communication and network engagementCommunications
Sharing best practices and identifying new and experimental modelsResearch Commercialisation
Coming soonAcademic Champions