Led by the Universities of Glasgow and Manchester, this programme aimed to develop and provide a proof of concept for working models of intrapreneurship within the social sciences, and bring social scientists and industry partners closer together .
The ABaCuSS platform seeks to drive real-world use of innovative, world-leading social science research, widen networks for future collaborations and provide a platform to develop business relationships. It develops practical skills for students coming from a diverse field of disciplines, tapping into the broader Aspect network to create a robust programme of delivery and support.
During the part-time, eight-week paid internship programme, students were able to:
- Work with a business to advance a specific project using intrapreneurial methods
- Accomplish a transformative business challenge using intrapreneurial skills
- Take part in an exciting programme of training and support, starting with a virtual bootcamp
- Receive individual coaching, business skills trainings and high energy workshops with the whole ABaCuSS cohort; and
- Build their network by hearing from innovators, members of the business community and other academics.
The 2021 ABaCuSS programme is now complete. The first iteration of the ABaCuSS programme has achieved positive results, with over half of the students having been asked to stay on at their internship company in some capacity. Several Aspect members have demonstrated their interest in running another iteration of this intrapreneurship programme.
Read more about learnings and outcomes from the programme:
- Final Project Report: Programme Overview and Learnings
- Student Reflections Document
- Programme Welcome Packs (accessible to Aspect Members Only)
You can find out more about ABaCuSS at: https://abacus-s.org/